The Semi-Retired Foamer has been a railfan since he was around 5 years old, oh yes a very young age, an age when one really should avoid being involved with the gunzel community to any great extent. A few rather unsavoury people bringing that fact home.
After a few decades of train chasing, one decided to break with protocol and get married, thus leading to a severe cut in railfan activity.
Subsequent dealings with hate breeders, lunatics, mental defectives and self-appointed preservation overlords lead to an even greater decrease in my hobby participation.
However things have changed thanks to our small group of trusted mates, interest has returned, and now I have become a bit more involved yet again.
.
_
Over the years I have tried my best to further both the hobby, as well as the friendships that it brings. I have done this by setting up proactive groups both here in Australia, as well as the Philippines. It is with huge honour that I am often considered the founding father of the railfan hobby in the Philippines (my second home).
_
I don't take the hobby too seriously and I am a friend to anyone who is good and genuine. But never forgive those who have used their hate to destroy my hobby or hurt the friends within it.

Let's Make The Hobby Great Again!
I aim to share the era that I considered mine, the 80s and 90s. I also like to help promote, and even raise funds for, the various heritage societies that keep the era alive
_
**** LOCOMOTIVE/ PUBLICATIONS ****
-
We occasionally publish information on the locomotives, and rollingstock, from railways in Australia and the Philippines.
All are available for
FREE at our ALR WEBSITE.




Please email me should you wish to use anything from this site !



Thursday, January 26, 2017


Welcome to the first of a multi part series looking at Australia Day in Sydney.
The day started with the customary look at the heritage buses operated by the Sydney Bus Museum, followed by a journey on the, soon to be withdrawn, Lady Class ferries to Taronga Zoo wharf.
 Buses and ferries are where my transport interests started decades ago. It was refreshing to spend a day back in that world, well away from the hatred of the railfan hobby. It is intended to spend another day on the Harbour Lady's again soon.


Leylands - Surely the best looking buses to ever ply Sydney roads.










David Oaten was more popular than the buses when it came to photos.



Mr Whippy was a trial build of a bus.



Ladies were over from South Korea purposely to take part in Australia Day.



Jo from Germany turned out to be quite the fan of shipping worldwide.
One of about three requests for photos to be emailed. 




A Lady that will soon disappear from the harbour.






This guy had me quite fascinated. Thought he trip he had a number of people photograph him holding this sign with a Sydney icon behind him.
Asked to take a shot of this going on.
Of course it came with a promise to send a copy of the shot again.



Image result for stay tuned for more


No comments: